Friday, June 17, 2011

Mother's Day

I am not one to love days that are all about me, but let me tell ya...Mothers Day is really growing on me! I love that we celebrate motherhood and fatherhood. I feel it is what I do best because quite literally it is all I really do. I love to do many things but because of time constraints and laziness and sometimes sheer exhaustion those things never get the attention I would LOVE to give them. Lucky for me my kids always override those 3 excuses and will always need my attention. So they are what I focus on and how I spend all of my time. Some days when we are just having a rough time and all I feel like I do is yell, discipline, change DIRTY diapers and clean up messes, I think to myself "Is this really worth it!? Do I really like this?" And then I check in on the little ones sleeping and I realize..."I LOVE being a mom. This is what I have wanted to do since I was just little. I love kids and I LOVE my family."

I seem to find myself not living in the moment a lot. I want try to live each moment much more enthusiastically because I LOVE everything about being a mom and doing the things I do. I feel each day I am getting better at it too. Don't get me wrong, we are not perfect and we have some pretty bad days where all I do is cry myself to sleep after asking over and over again for forgiveness for the bad things I did all day. I also feel the strength from my Heavenly Father when I am humbled down to ask him.

Being a mom is the HARDEST job EVER!! But it is my most favorite job I have ever had and will ever have. Love my sweet boy that is as smart as a whip(whatever that means) and teaches me patience constantly. Love my spunky little girl that is getting feistier everyday but will cuddle with me when going to sleep. Love my husband for joining me in this crazy journey of raising children of God.

LOVE being a MOM!!

So our day consisted of...FAMILY time ALL day long!! We went to church and I got a bag of CANDY! One of my favorite things in life. Went home and let Genesee nap. We went for a bike ride after nap time and we rode a long way, but it was a blast. We stopped just before turning around and had a snack. Fresh fruit and water!!! YUM!! Watermelon, that my family bought me for mothers day, was the perfect treat. And Lij loved it the most I think. We had a great day. Just a lot of time together and a warm Sunday afternoon. It was the best and Dillon spoiled me with lots of presents...Rockies tickets(!!!YAHOO!!!), a wok because I LOVE Chinese food, a gardening book so I can start learning that art, and the watermelon. Lij picked out a card with a spaceship on it. He was super excited about it because of the spaceship. LOVE my family!!!!
Lij enjoying the watermelon
He could hear the train not too far away...on the ride home we stopped by the tracks as the train passed by. Dillon did the whole arm thing to see if he would pull the horn. The conductor did and it made my little boy's day! Now anytime we see a train he starts with his arm and I LOVE it!
My baby girl!
My boys!
The girls of the Kotter home
Look at this cute face! He really loved the watermelon. My dad would be so proud!
LOVE him!!
Watching a bug chow down on the rind
Lij had eaten down to the green and then Dillon took it and acted like he was going to eat. Lij was upset!!
Family shot
Just the two of us!

Our yummy dinner! We actually made it on Monday because we got home so late on Sunday and were starving. So instead we had some yummy french bread pizza. Monday we had a quiet dinner as a couple and enjoyed stir-fry together. It was DELISH!!


Then a couple days later it snowed like mad and about took down my lilacs!! The snow was so WET that it laid my lilacs to the ground. So I went out and and knocked all of the snow off just to make sure they weren't completely destroyed.
Lij all bundled to play in the snow...we could barely get out the back door
See what I'm talking about...to the ground!

No comments: