Thursday, December 6, 2012

We did it!

Completed our first Half Marathon that is. I can't believe we actually did it but we did.  I felt great until mile 4 and then I just started walking. I don't really know why. I wasn't even thinking about it and then all of a sudden I was walking. I wish I would have kept going because once you start walking it is hard to get running again.  We stayed together until mile 9 and then I had to practically force Dill ahead of me. I was holding him back the whole time and I knew it. Which made it not fun for me.

It was hard especially with NO training. But all in all it was actually a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to my next one because I have a LOT of room for improvement. I finished though and Dill just about killed himself doing it.

Stats:

Dillon
Place: 556/628
Time: 2:32:52
Per mile: 11.60

Bree
Place: 601/628 :(
Time 2:48:17
Per mile: 12.82

The guy who won it ran it in 1:14, thats like a 5min split. He was cruising! And see what I mean by improvement. I'm trying to focus on the positive though and realize I have just done something a lot of people would never dare to, and I lived to talk about it!

Here are a few pics to prove we actually did it.

I look happy because I had walked most of the end. My legs hurt so bad I could barely bend them let alone run on them.

This was 3 miles in and we saw the photographer with his gigantic camera. I told Dill he should do a heel kick. Which he did but the camera guy missed it. Sad day!

 
Dill always sprints the last part. You can tell how intense it was by his face.

 
And then he got into an all out battle with another person trying to beat each other. Which he did!

 
I love how he is so intense.



4 comments:

Hi, I'm Katelyn! said...

GREAT JOB guys!!! I ran my first half alone and it was fun, but running my second half with Nathan was so much MORE fun!!! We talked almost the whole time and it was great just to be together doing something that we didn't see ourselves doing before. It would be awesome to run one with you guys someday!!

meagan said...

Way to go Bree! Great pics and you look great. I can't believe how long your hair is!

Edda Phillips said...

WOOHOO!!! Way to go, guys!! Now a full marathon is just around the corner for you two. :) Seriously, after 13 miles, you can't feel much else in your body, so you might as well run the full 26. Dillon, I love the faces. VERY intense. :)

Holly Decker said...

you two are AMAZING!!! yay you! :)