Thursday, June 9, 2011

More Idaho trip

After Sandy we headed up to the actual Idaho part. My family typically gets together for Easter and this year most of my brothers and sisters were going to be there. So when I found out we could actually be there this year I was ecstatic. We made it to Malad on Friday afternoon and everyone was already there! So exciting!! Not too much happened Friday. Although we did get to eat at the Drive-In and then we all went and watched Ashley run in the Malad Invitational. I am amazed at how much I miss Malad and even track! Saturday is the day we do everything. First it was the Samaria Easter Egg Hunt. We got up there a little late so Lij didn't score too many. Which  is a good thing since he is only 2 1/2 and we do a huge family Hunt later in the day. In the afternoon we dyed eggs(no pictures because I showed up at the end) but Lij had a good time. Then once all the eggs are dyed and dry we head up the mountain to the "S". It is a tradition to hike the hill and then chuck the eggs down the hill. Someone usually gets nailed pretty good by an incoming egg and this year it was McKenzie. She got nailed in the face and it looked like it HURT. Best part about the hike is that we made it with both kids(thanks to Heidi and Sandor for the backpack...I'm sure we will put it to good use before you need it back), and also my 80 year old Grandma made it up and down! GO my amazing Grandma!!   
Dad with BOTH the kids...he finally gave in and let me take Genesee
Enjoying it so far(not quite half way)
(L-R) Me and Genesee, Aunt Laurie and My Grandma!
Some of the group that made it up

So once we came back down the hill we had a potluck lunch. Then the kids headed to the park to wait for the Easter bunny to show! That night a fire and smores and lots of visiting and relaxing. I love carrying on traditions even though most of the family is older and having their own families. It was great to see some of my cousins that I haven't seen in such a long time. They all have beautiful children that I haven't even met! Sunday and  Monday we had a good time with Janson and Brooke. Love getting to know everyone better and also talking with Brooke who is getting so excited to hold her little Cooper! We stayed until Tuesday and then had to head back to Denver. All in all it was a good trip except for my crazy emotions going all over the place. I'm sure my family thinks I'm psychotic!! It is just hard to keep sleep schedules when there is not one quiet place in the house. We had a great time though and were sad to leave once again but were also very anxious to get home.
Lij cooking with Gma :)
My mom will get a laugh out of this...back story-my dad had a blood clot back in January and he still had Edema problems. So this is a picture of his swollen leg. Not the greatest but when my sister had my camera my dad stopped her and told her to take a picture of his leg. He was teasing but she did it anyway! LOVE my silly Dad!!
 Finding a treasure...
SEE!!

No comments: